WVTA Professional Development Committee
The WVTA ProD Committee meets regularly and includes representatives from each school site. A focus of these meetings is for ProD reps to share what is occurring at each site, and to support ProD reps in acquiring leadership skills to facilitate and support the school-based professional development at their school.
The Professional Development Fund now includes what was previously called the School Effectiveness Fund, and the criteria guiding the allocation of the Professional Development Fund has been broadened accordingly. Please review the new criteria on the second page of the ProD Funding Application Form.
Need a WVTA ProD Funding Application Form? Professional Growth Plan Template?
2021-22 Professional Development Opportunities
Many conferences being offered can be previewed on the Event Calendar (bctf.ca)
New Teachers' Conference 2022 - Creating Connections
Saturday May 14th, 2022 (Online); Reception Friday night May 13th
The NTC 2022 is a place to connect with teachers across British Columbia and further your own teaching practice. This conference is designed for those in their first five years of teaching, student teachers, TTOCs, and those who are coming back to teaching after moving or being away from the classroom.
Register now for the virtual conference before $25 tickets run out.
myPita Whistler 2022
Two ways to attend- from home or away:
Friday May 20th, 2022 , Hilton Whistler Resort
The Workshops from myPITA and BCScTA presenters will be relevant, immediately applicable, and many will include hands-on participation plus interaction with other attendees.
- 6 great sessions to choose from
- Lunch time socials, discussion topics, and work alikes
- Membership includes PSA of your choice and may include Newsletters and digital communications from the PSA chosen; Access to exclusive continually - expanding collection of teaching resources
TeachBC (recently redesigned!)
What is TeachBC?
- Online resources of teaching materials, lessons, and research relevant to the K-12 BC curriculum.
- Allows users to download, upload and share resources.
- Search by subject, grade, resource type, title, description, language and more.
- Everyone! The website is public.
- Teachers, provincial specialist associations, and other organizations.
- Upload your favourite lesson plans, unit plans, activities, resources, or research and make TeachBC the go-to site for K-12 BC resources.
- Tell your colleagues about TeachBC and help build the site.